ponedjeljak, 26. prosinca 2022.

Team Yankee - Gaming Day, Vršac, Serbia (Dec 11th 2022)

 

I have managed to play couple of games of FoW and TY recently and that is a really good refreshment for me. So, last saturday I have decided to invite a friend to play some TY. And he decided that he is not coming without his friend. So we had to invite another friend to be the fourth one… In short, we were magnificent SEVEN at the end and we have all managed to play two games that day (don’t ask me how).

Slika TYD1

We have agreement to play in 115 points. We have never played in so much points, since our usual game is based on 85 points. The main reason was to try some new tanks, especially against spam roster. And we wanted to stick WARPAC vs NATO.  At the end, I think that overall winner was WARPAC, with NATO wining only one game.

Slika TYD2

After all, we had only one classic spam with T-55s and T-62s. The rest of the rosters were based on Main Battle Tanks like T-64, T-72, T-80, with BMPs and BTRs, Leopard 1 and 2 with Marders, IPM1 Abrams with Bradleys. In so much points we have managed to pack some artillery, helicopters and planes and that was great!


GAME 1

I had a wish to play with my T-80 Shock Battalion. It is a great roster, since I realy like to play with army that has 4+ To hit value. Unfortunately, in 85 points it is hard to play with. I have painted it green like a modern Russian Z army.

This is my roster:

PDF DuleLista115

My openent had US Force with IPM1 Abrams and Bradleys with infantry in Huehogs, Apache, Cobras, A-10, RDF/LT, VADS, Chaparals…

Slika Misija 1

The mission is ENCIRCLEMENT and I was attacker. I have put majority of my force on my left flank and the rest on my right flank. I had no reason to wait, since my opponent reserves could arrive any moment, plus US Force had some IPM1 in Ambush.

Slika TYD3

Slika TYD4

On my left flank I had a very nice cover of Concrete Walls next to the Highway and that was all I needed to be Hit on 5+. On the other side I have failed some cross checks on these walls. A bit of a problem were two minefields but I had some space to push my tanks in between.

Slika TYD5

My first shooting was extremely successful. On the left flank I have managed to destroy two Hueyhogs with infantry on board plus Bradley unit. On the right side I have managed to destroy 2 M109s and some Chaparalls.

Slika TYD6

In our next turn or two, it came to real bloodbath. I have moved towards both objectives, while shooting at the opponent. I must admit that I really adore those BMD-3s. It is extraordinary beautiful model that have a capability of shooting while moving. They were doing the most of the job in Shock Tank Company while T-80s were more like a fear factor resistant to enemy fire.

Slika TYD7

Slika TYD8

Slika TYD9

I think it was a turn four when I was on both objectives with some enemy nearby.

Slika TYD91

Slika TYD92

 

 

GAME 2

Since we have finished first game pretty fast, there was an opportunity to play another game quickly. But my opponent was WARPAC player too. While we were thinking to play or not, we realized that my Z army had a NATO opponent in T-64 army! My opponent quickly changed his T-80 support tanks for T-72s, and I have removed 1 BMD-3 so we had some 113 pts of modern Russians against Ukrainians. My roster was unchanged, while my opponent had T-64 based army with 2 platoons of 6 T-64s, BTR-60s, Gopher, Spandrel, 6 x T-72 unit (like tanks donated from Poland).  

The mission was totally new for both of us: SPEARPOINT

Slika Misija 2


Slika TYR1

While I was attacker again, my Ukrainian opponent as a defender had the first turn! And he decided to attack me while my reserves don’t arrive. In my opinion that was not such a bad idea, and I would probably do the same. The only mistake was, in my opinion, that he did not revealed his Ambush at once. That way he would have two large platoons of tanks to shoot with.

Slika TYR2

So, I have decided to hide to minimize casualties on turn one.

Slika TYR3

In the next two turns I did not have luck both with Shooting and Reserves. I have destroyed only one T-64 tank.

Slika TYR4

My opponent continue advancing on both of my objectives, shooting on side armour of my T-80s with his T-64. His T-72s are revealed from Ambush and start advance on my other objective while destroying BMP-3s.

Slika TYR5

After a couple of turns of outrageous shooting we have bunch of tanks and AFVs destroyed on both sides. But Russian T-80 formation is still fine while Ukrainian T-64 formation is not.

Slika TYR6

Slika TYR7

Slika TYR8

After all, we went into restaurant for some beer and barbecue. It was a great gaming day! I feel a bit bad to win both games as a host, but this time dices decided that way.

Slika TYR9

Our working plan is to make similar gaming day in January, but this time with some Oil War armies!


Dule, 2022

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar